Your assistants will play an integral role in your team and represent a major factor in your success. A good assistant is a crucial part of a team. If you enjoy sports, adventure, the great outdoors, wild stories, and strong emotions, you can be a race participant or a team assistant.
The assistants (one per team) will receive a souvenir clothing item. They will also be invited to the banquet (1 assistant per team, the extra assistants will have to pay for the banquet).
Role of assistants
Each team has to come with at least 1 assistant!
- Prepare camps (each team is responsible for its camping gears of the 2 bivouac nights)
- Prepare meals and pit stops (each team is responsible for its food)
- Prepare Equipment for transitions
- Transport equipment to transition points (canoes, bikes, camping equipment, etc.) (each team has to have an assistant’s vehicle) CANOE TRANSPORT AND MANAGEMENT UNDER THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ASSISTANCE CREW!
- Boost team moral
- Help with navigation, tactics, and logistics
- Facilitate quick transition execution
- Assist decision-making and rest period management
Distribution of camping sites
A section of the Camping de Carleton-sur-Mer is available for assistants, media and athletes (families are not allowed) from Wednesday 11 to Sunday 15 September 2019. We recommend that the assistants sleep in a bivouac on September 13 and 14 with the athletes, but this is not mandatory.